Keeping your business running in the event of coronavirus impact
As the news of coronavirus develops, you may be planning for how to keep your business running if your area is impacted. Planning for potential disruptions is a great practice, regardless of whether a current threat exists.
Remember that Nextiva gives you the ability to communicate with your customers and collaborate with your colleagues from anywhere, including situations where you need employees to work from home for an extended period. With these tools, you don’t need to be in your physical office to stay productive. You and your coworkers can continue to communicate, collaborate, and serve customers as if you were working side-by-side.
If you’re not already familiar with how to set this up, here are some popular options:
- The Nextiva App enables you to make and receive calls from your business number using just your computer or mobile phone, instant message with colleagues, and conduct meetings with screen-sharing capabilities. Learn how to download and use the app on a mobile phone or desktop/laptop computer. Or click here for a full list of Nextiva App features.
NOTE: To use the Nextiva App, an Administrator must assign a license to the User. For information, click here.
- Remote Office and Nextiva Anywhere (included in Enterprise plans) both offer ways to use a home or cell phone to mimic your Nextiva phone’s number and features.
- Call Forwarding (included in every voice plan) gives you a quick way to simply forward your business number(s) to your mobile phone or home number. To learn about different call forwarding options and how to set them up, click here.
- Sequential Ring and Simultaneous Ring (included in every voice plan) provide ways to ring multiple numbers in a sequence or simultaneously, whether those numbers are for office, home, or mobile phones.
- You can also simply take your Nextiva phone to your home, plug it in, and use it the same way you do at the office (same phone number, same extension, etc.)
- Please remember to update your E911 information if you do this.
Some features above, including Call Forwarding and Sequential/Simultaneous Ring, can be schedule-based to allow calls to route differently based on your business schedule. Click here for instructions to set up your business hours schedule, and then click here to set up your after-hours schedule.
IMPORTANT: When setting up your Nextiva phone or the Nextiva App at home for the first time, you’ll want to follow these networking guidelines to ensure high voice quality and stability.
As a critical service provider to your business, Nextiva is closely monitoring the situation and following guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We have plans in place to ensure that our customer support, network reliability, and security remain at the highest quality.